UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences Library Resources
Grand Forks, ND
- The position will be based in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The Research and Education Librarian is part of the SMHS Library Resources team, and the duties of the position include:
- Provides reference and research support and works collaboratively with faculty to plan and deliver course-integrated instruction.
- Serves as liaison to BioMedical Sciences.
- Serves as liaison to additional research departments within the SMHS and College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines.
- Identifies faculty and student needs, and solicits input on library resources in the specific departmental disciplines.
- Provides reference and research information services.
- Provides assistance with library technology tools.
- Teaches & assesses information literary instruction.
- Collaborates with faculty to provide curriculum–integrated instruction.
- Assists with scholarly research.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of services, policies and procedures.
- Participates in professional activities and professional development.
- Manages or assists with special projects.
- Serves as embedded liaison to Biomedical Sciences.
- Knowledge of database searching strategies.
- Presentation skills.
- Knowledge of information literacy.
- Ability to search PubMed utilizing MeSH.
- Knowledge of technology tools, including mobile devices and web applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally to local, state, and national events.
- Master's degree in library/information science from a program accredited by the American Library Association or equivalent.
- One year academic or hospital library experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Academic or hospital library experience.
- Experience with health sciences database searching.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience with web authoring tool.
- Experience with course management systems.
Do you want to work with a team of engaged and collaborative librarians in a health sciences education setting? We are looking for a creative and instruction-focused Research & Education Librarian to join our team. Come to Grand Forks and work with us at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences!
The UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences is a community-based medical school in Grand Forks with regional campuses in Bismarck, Fargo and Minot. In addition to the M.D. program, professional degrees are offered in physical therapy, occupational therapy, medical laboratory science, public health, athletic training and physician assistant studies. The library also supports the programs of the College of Nursing, which offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in nursing, nutrition and dietetics, and social work. The Library serves as North Dakota’s resource library within the National Network of Libraries of Medicine and provides outreach, information and instructional services to the state’s healthcare community.
Come to North Dakota! North Dakota has clean air, great people, and a beautiful landscape. Plus, the cost of living is low. UND has an excellent benefit package, including employer-paid family health insurance, TIAA-CREF retirement, and tuition waiver benefits for employee, spouse, and dependents.
For additional information about this position, contact Erika Johnson.
Erika M Johnson, MLIS
Southeast Clinical Campus Librarian