Position Summary: Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by providing a customer-focused program of services, materials, and outreach for a library or libraries in an assigned cluster.-
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Directs daily operations for an assigned library or libraries; provides direct public service; provides supervision and staff development.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and training to library staff. Provides coaching and corrective action as necessary for staff at all levels. Conducts performance reviews.
- Interviews, selects and develops new staff.
- Provides excellent direct customer service and acts as a role model for library staff; presents a courteous, positive image of the library and maintains confidentiality in customer and staff interactions.
- Works with the Director of the Region and appropriate Director of Services to coordinate programming at the branch that is responsive to community needs.
- Promotes library services through programming, outreach and partnerships within the community; acts as a liaison to schools, local government agencies, non-profits and businesses. Represents the Library at meetings and community events.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of community demographics and information needs; provides input to the Director of the Region and library leadership for the implementation of Pikes Peak Library District strategic goals and objectives.
- Works daily on public service desks providing reference and readers advisory service in person, over the phone and via electronic delivery.
- In consultation with the Director of the Region, reviews workload statistics and recommends staffing allocations.
- Provides input for annual budget request; prepares payment documents and monitors expenditures.
- Develops, documents and implements operating procedures for library staff; communicates and ensures implementation of Pikes Peak Library District policies.
- Responds to customer suggestions, comments and complaints in a timely, professional, and constructive manner.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Prepares monthly activity reports.
- Evaluates and manages the library collection in coordination with the Director of the Region and Collection Management.
- Serves as liaison to Pikes Peak Library District Friends of the Library.
- Keeps informed about Library and department information.
- Participates in special projects as assigned, including new service initiatives, grants or programs.
- Serves on district-wide teams.
- Encourages professional development of staff through participation in community and professional organizations.
- May serve on local, state and national committees; takes an active role in library professional organizations.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled all-staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Thorough knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission and vision to the public.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of library services, innovative trends and best practices.
- Ability to exhibit leadership, sound judgment and professional demeanor in all situations; thinks and acts appropriately under pressure.
- Ability to supervise, plan, and coordinate the work of staff in order to accomplish library goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills; maintains effective relationships within the department, with staff at all levels, community partners and the public at large.
- Demonstrates excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively use applications software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook, the Pikes Peak Library District Integrated Library System, along with standard office equipment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, organize daily work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
Education and Experience:
1. Requires an MLS or MLIS degree.
2. Requires a minimum of three years of library experience.
3. Requires a minimum of two years of supervisor experience.
4. One year of professional librarian experience preferred.
5. Bilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in an office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or standard office equipment for extended periods. Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to occasionally reach, bend, climb, twist and squat. Position requires the ability to lift up to 35 pounds. Position requires the ability to push a loaded book truck.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulationPosition Summary: Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by providing a customer-focused program of services, materials, and outreach for a library or libraries in an assigned cluster.
DATE POSTED: July 31, 2020
LOCATION: 230 S Main St, Fountain, CO 80817
STARTING WAGE: $27.70 per hour + full benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS: 40 hours per week with the following schedule:
Monday – Friday : Variable hours between 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Regular weekends and Sunday rotation as needed.
Schedule may vary depending on library needs and community engagement.
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org/Jobs at the Application Tab
2. Attachments should be submitted online in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. Requires resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.
4. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531 - 6333, ext. 6380.
CLOSING DATE: Preference for application materials received by August 17, 2020 at 9:59 p.m. MDT
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All selected candidates…
- are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-Verify.
- are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-Verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
- may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
- may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical requirements are met.
- must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
- understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender expression, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
Additional Info & Requirements
This position requires both the resume and the cover letter to be uploaded by the applicant. Please apply on https://ppld.org/jobs
Pikes Peak Library District
Talent Management Supervisor
(719) 531-6333, x6380