Nature of Work
The Auraria Library seeks a student employee with an interest in library assessment. This position offers an opportunity to learn about collections assessment and data analysis in a library environment. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, assisting with the retrieval and analysis of usage statistics, data cleaning and organizing, communicating with vendors and data providers, performing maintenance in the integrated library system, documenting procedures, and assisting with special projects related to the assessment of library collections.
Technical Services – Collections Strategies
Collections Strategies, Department Head
Examples of Work Performed
- Assisting with gathering, inputting, and organizing data using Excel or other software.
- Assisting with Cost-Per-Use analyses on library resources.
- Communicating with vendors and other stakeholders to ensure information accuracy
- Integrated library system maintenance and ensuring standardization of institutional knowledge management
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or interest in learning more about data analysis and collections assessment in libraries
- Organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word and MS Excel
- Enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at an accredited graduate program.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem-solve, think critically, and use judgement
- Experience with Excel
- Enrolled in at least 3 credit hours at an MLIS ALA accredited graduate program.
- Experience with data and/or quantitative analysis
- Experience with data visualizations
- Intermediate skills with Excel.
- Intermediate skills using an integrated library system including searching and understanding ERM and order records
Additional Info & Requirements
This position is 100% remote and ends December 12, 2020 with potential to extend.
For more information about the Auraria Library, visit https://library.auraria.edu/
Application Instructions: To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Katy.DiVittorio@ucdenver.edu