Plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day operation of Library activities and staff; prioritizes and schedules major projects; and develops and manages the operating and grant budgets of the Trinidad Carnegie Public Library.
· Directs daily operations for the library; provides direct public service; provides supervision and staff development.
· Provides leadership, guidance and training to library staff. Provides coaching and corrective action as necessary for staff at all levels. Conducts performance reviews.
· Interviews, selects and develops new staff.
· Provides excellent direct customer service and acts as a role model for library staff; presents a courteous, positive image of the library and maintain confidentiality in customer and staff interactions.
· Works with Library staff and Library Board to initiate programming that is responsive to community needs.
· Evaluates and manages the library collection.
· Promotes library services through programming, outreach and partnerships within the community; acts as a liaison to schools, local government agencies, non-profits and businesses. Represent the Library at meetings and community events.
· Conducts ongoing analysis of community demographics and information needs. Provides input to the City Manager and City Council with regard to strategic goals and objectives.
· Prepares annual budget, monitors expenditures, and oversees daily accounting of fees and deposits and project expenditures.
· Develops, documents and implements operating procedures for library staff; communicates and ensures implementation of the Trinidad Carnegie Public Library policy.
· Attends regular department meetings and scheduled all-staff meetings.
· Takes an active role in library professional organizations.
Additional Info & Requirements
Please submit resume and cover letter. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.
Situated on the Purgatoire River at the foot of Raton Pass, Trinidad is the southern-most Colorado city on the I-25 corridor, with green river valleys and mountains to the west and vast open range land to the east. It combines spectacular Colorado scenery with small crowds—it remains an undiscovered gem of the Rocky Mountains.
The Carnegie Public Library has been operating continuously since it was built in downtown Trinidad in 1904. A staff of seven serves the Trinidad and surrounding community with books, DVDs, audio books, computers, Wi-Fi access, programs and events. The library also curates a local history archive. During the past six years, the Library has grown in stature, and has become one of Colorado’s most progressive rural libraries.
We are seeking an innovative, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to join our team, committed to the continuous improvement of library resources and services. You will join a team of resourceful and energetic librarians dedicated to establishing our library as a community hub. If you enjoy a job that involves juggling several hats and multi-tasking, and love to communicate with and work with people from all walks of life, this just may be the job for you.
Applications can be obtained from the HR Dept at City Hall, 135 N. Animas St, Trinidad, CO 81082, downloaded from our website, www.trinidad.co.gov, and submitted to HR@trinidad.co.gov or submitted to the Colorado Workforce Center, 140 N. Commercial St, Trinidad, CO 81082. Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm on August 31, 2020.