Overview: The Financial Systems Administrator and Budget Manager is responsible for supporting and improving Douglas County Libraries’ (DCL) financial systems, including accounting and reporting, managing the compilation of DCL’s annual budget in compliance with Colorado law, and ongoing monitoring of DCL’s financial performance. This position will have a high degree of exposure to and engagement with all levels of management across DCL and the Douglas County Libraries Foundation (DCLF). This analytical position readily takes ownership of tasks to build and lead a best-in-class financial information system (FIS) in support of DCL’s operations.
Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values: It is an expectation of each employee to live and exemplify Douglas County Libraries, Brand, Culture and Values.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Total Work Systems: Is dedicated to providing DCL-wide systems for measuring work processes and outcomes; identifies variances in expected financial performance; is committed to continuous improvement through empowering internal customers in the analysis and interpretation of data; delivers the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal customers; leverages technology to positively impact quality; is able to grasp the necessity to re-engineer processes when necessary to achieve results; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
- Technical Skills: Has the analytical, technical, organizational, and people skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to analyze difficult problems and propose effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers; readily takes ownership of tasks.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of basic accounting processes.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting and dashboards for internal users across DCL.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting for the Senior Leadership Team of DCL and the Board of Trustees. Work with and support senior leaders across DCL. Perform ad hoc projects at the direction of the Director of Finance and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Operations Manager to develop and maintain external financial reporting requirements.
- Work collaboratively to encourage cross-functional cooperation and build strong working relationships across DCL.
- Work with managers across DCL to compile the annual budget and develop meaningful, timely financial performance reporting. Manage multiple stakeholder expectations and priorities effectively.
- Serve as the Finance department’s dedicated advisor for end users throughout the budget year, demonstrating intimate knowledge of DCL’s budget.
Sage IntAcct Subject Matter Expert:
- Function as subject matter expert for Sage IntAcct and other related systems for the Finance department.
- Function as systems administrator DCL’s Sage IntAcct financial information system (FIS), including maintenance of user roles, privileges, and access rights.
- Design and provide initial and ongoing training to Finance and end users in order to exploit all functionality in the FIS to the maximum extent possible.
- Develop and maintain budgeting functionality and a suite of interactive end user tools for Finance and decision makers across DCL.
- Participate in the design and implementation of DCL’s FIS. Manages a strong working relationship with DCL’s implementation partner for system go-live. Facilitate training and implement process controls for the Finance department.
- Monitor and ensure data accuracy, drive for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate comprehensive problem resolution skills, understanding when to engage our implementation partner and when to resolve the issue in-house.
- Proactively identify and engage opportunities to integrate stand-alone systems across DCL into DCL’s FIS.
- Assist with preparation of audited financial statements, budget and other work duties as assigned.
Budget Management and Reports:
- Develop and manage timely, effective monthly financial performance reporting for managers across DCL. Assist in preparation of reporting packages for presentation to the Director of Finance, senior leadership team and Board of Trustees. Conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Collaborate with DCL’s Learning and Development team to create and deliver on-line training for end-users.
- Improve processes to consistently yield timely, accurate information in an effective and efficient manner.
- Perform other work duties as assigned.
- Maintain expert knowledge and use of computers, Microsoft Office Products, Sage Intacct, payroll systems, report writing tools, and financial software packages. Learn new technology that is introduced in the industry and the organization, as needed. High level of expertise with MS Excel.
- High degree of understanding of the relationship between expenses, business planning, and execution.
Required Experience and Qualifications: Read, write and speak English. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Master’s degree preferred. Seven to ten years’ of financial systems support and report writing experience required. Knowledge of Sage Intacct required. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Requirements: Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Work at computer work-stations repetitively and for extended periods. Participate in meetings and events at various locations and at varied times throughout the day. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.