Assists the Digital Initiatives and Preservation Librarian in creating and maintaining digital objects. Assists with video and image capture and editing for content that supports the department’s collecting policy and overall library strategic vision. Assists and consults faculty, students, and staff with media related projects. Provides recommendations for the use and maintenance of departmental equipment.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we each have a responsibility to perform our work in alignment with the mission of the University, especially with its Catholic and Jesuit values. All employees are expected to both contribute to and strengthen the university’s culture of respect, inclusion and equity for all members of our community.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application and requested documents by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Assists with video capture and editing for content that supports DI&P’s collecting policy along with the library’s strategic vision. In accordance with best practices, the Digital Content Specialist will work collaboratively to establish workflows for video capture and edit for projects that fall within the scope of DI&P’s collection development policy.
2) Assists with image capture and editing for content that supports DI&P’s collection development policy along with the library’s strategic vision. In accordance with best practices, the Digital Content Specialist will work collaboratively to establish workflows for image and capture and edit for projects that fall within the scope of DI&P’s collection development policy.
3) Assists with consultation to faculty and students on technical and creative aspects of creating digital and analog multimedia.
4) Assists with monitoring the state and use of circulating equipment in the department and making recommendations for repair or replacement.
5) Participates in the management and direction of student employees.
Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited institution of higher education.
• Minimum of one year of experience in media, communications and/or library related fields.
• Minimum of one year of experience in digital multimedia production and post-production, specifically audio, video and still photography.
• Fully competent regarding the set up and use of multi-media systems, including basic skill in equipment maintenance and repair.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Must be exceptionally service oriented.
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 5:00pm
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola Regis University seeks to build a more just and humane world through transformative education at the frontiers of faith, reason and culture. In everything, Regis shepherds the development of the whole person in relation to the common good, asking, "How ought we to live?"
In accordance, with our Catholic, Jesuit values, and in accordance with our mission, Regis University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our increasingly diverse student body, which includes students of all backgrounds, including those from historically-marginalized backgrounds, to maintain the excellence of the University and to offer our students varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
The key Jesuit values of cura personalis, magis, men and women for and with others, unity of mind and heart, contemplatives in action, and finding God in all things are the foundations on which we work. Through an understanding and assimilation of these values, it is expected that our employees will advance the University’s mission in the work they do to support the students, the University and the community, thereby accomplishing the University’s strategic objectives and Jesuit Catholic education mission.
Regis University's Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.