Position Summary: Under general supervision, supports the Library’s Mission by providing and maintaining online and physical access to digital images and corresponding databases.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides excellent customer service, creating courteous and positive interactions with staff and customers at the Special Collections reference desks, by phone, or through electronic delivery.
- Provides printed and/ or digital copies of images for customers or staff as requested.
- Maintains customer and staff confidentiality.
- Assists in maintenance of image catalog; monitors catalog for duplicated images/records.
- Scans images at appropriate resolution; manipulates scans for improved quality and saves into image catalog.
- Prepares derivative images for online retrieval and saves into appropriate network files.
- Assists in routing conservation of photographic and/or other media material.
- Participates in planning and designing online digital photo website.
- Uses ILS tools to control and track use of materials.
- Assists customers with locating materials and responds to basic reference questions using PPLD databases, online and/or print resources at the service desk or by phone.
- Assists with digitization projects and maintaining cataloging records.
- Shelves books and other materials in proper order; reads shelves to ensure materials remain in order.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Keeps informed about Library and department information.
- Participates in special projects or programs as assigned.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled All-staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission and vision to the public.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Library programs and services.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills; maintains effective relationships with customers and staff.
- Ability to understand and apply a variety of photographic conservation methods and techniques.
- Ability to perform routine tasks independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of art and/or photography.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, specialized photographic hardware and software, and the Library’s Integrated Library System.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, email, Internet search engines and to learn library- specific computer applications.
Education and Experience:
1. Requires high school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Requires at least one year of experience working with digital images and photographs.
3. Experience working in a library setting is preferred.
4. Experience working with historical research is preferred.
5. Bilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in a library and office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Position requires the ability to lift between 1-10 pounds repetitively and occasionally lift up to 35 pounds. Position requires the ability to repetitively move hand, wrist, arm, elbow and shoulder. Position requires the ability to bend and reach repetitively, and the ability to squat, twist, kneel and climb. Position requires the ability to push and steer a wheeled cart weighing up to 200 pounds on a carpeted surface. Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods, balance on a step stool and reach overhead. Position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or other office equipment for extended periods.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
PRIMARY LOCATION : 20 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
STARTING WAGE : $13.90 per hour + partial benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS : 20 hours per week per the following schedule:
During Covid/Pandemic the temporary schedule for this positions would be:
Wednesday & Thursday : 8:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Alternating Friday and Saturday : 8:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Schedule during the pandemic may be subject to change.
During Normal Operations:
Tuesday : 8:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. or 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Wednesday : 8:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. or 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Thursday : 8:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. or 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Friday : 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org on/Jobs the Application tab
2. Attachments should be submitted in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. Requires a cover letter and resume submitted online with application
4. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531-6333, Ext. 6380
CLOSING DATE: Online application materials must be received by September 17, 2020 at 9:59 p.m. MDT
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All selected candidates…
- are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-Verify.
- are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
- may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
- may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical requirements are met.
- must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
- understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender orientation, genetic information, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
Additional Info & Requirements
apply on https://ppld.org/jobs
Kindly upload both your resume and cover letter for this position.
If you have any issues submitting your application, kindly send a mail to Soumya Gollapalli, email@example.com.