Bristol Community College
Fall River, MA
DEPARTMENT: Arts & Humanities
REPORTS TO: Dean of Arts & Humanities
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Responsible for supervision of assigned unit and non-unit professional staff, which may also include Work Study students.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Associate Dean of Arts & Humanities and Library Learning Commons (LLC) provides support and assistance to the Dean of Arts and Humanities in regard to the area's operations, management, and growth, as well as leadership and direction for the Library Learning Commons at all Bristol locations. The Associate Dean leads strategic planning for Arts and Humanities and the Library Learning Commons; offering new thinking in these areas, consistent with the college's strategic goals, as well as new strategies for the improvement of course and program delivery. The Associate Dean works collaboratively across the college to ensure shared governance, transparency, and assessment practices while helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of the Bristol community.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Library Science.
- Minimum of five years in a leadership role in the field of higher education or a related area in the discipline.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D in higher education or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in a library learning commons setting.
- Demonstrated experience writing or managing grants.
- Demonstrated college level teaching experience in arts and humanities-related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working at a community college.
- Experience with High Impact Practices, including Open Educational Resources.
- Proficiency with database software, such as Banner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization that has proven to increase the digital footprint of the organization's brand.
- Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity and student success practices.
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth's public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our Benefits website.