Job Title: Anythink Branch Manager – Experience Expert: (part entrepreneur, part coach, part VP of you name it)
Business Unit: Branch Services
Hiring Pay range: $56,472 - $70,590 DOE
Job Type: Full-time; exempt; benefited
We believe in connections at Anythink.
This posting is your connection to an amazing opportunity to be a part of something bigger to learn and grow in a role with creative, innovative people while working in a collaborative work environment.
We are looking for the risk takers who are passionate about shifting perceptions of libraries. Are you a progressive librarian, ready to test some of your great ideas in a 21st century library system? Anythink is searching for a leader and Anythink Manager for our Huron location.
This is the time, Anythink is the place, make the connection.
You are the Anythink manager for the district's beautiful Huron Street location a 25,000-square-foot library opening its doors to library customers in the diverse communities of Northglenn, Thornton, Federal Heights and surrounding areas. As an Anythink manager, you love people and are passionate about nurturing curious minds. You believe that public libraries can support the success of individuals and their communities. You are a natural at relationship building. When it comes to running a library, you can do it all. If you've got everything it takes to manage people, projects, deadlines, events and ideas with a winning style and assurance, this is the position for you.
Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
• You are a great manager.
• You are a positive motivator.
• You are a lot of things to a lot of people -- coach, leader, partner, and host.
• You are an effective communicator; able to lead meetings and relay pertinent information.
• You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
• You're a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
• You are an active listener with lots of patience.
• You're excited about leading others in a changing environment.
• You value technology as a tool, staying on top of new technology trends.
• You inspire fun in the people around you.
• You understand 'the big picture.'
• You embrace the library district's vision and can apply it to your daily operations and team.
• You are a leader; you know how everything works at the branch, staff looks to you for the best example of how it's done.
• You are actively engaged and add value to the library district's leadership team in goal setting and strategic planning.
• You take ownership for your library operations -- managing a team of people and overseeing your library operations so that each and every customer has positive experiences with us and returns time and time again.
• You understand and regularly connect with your community.
• You can keep things organized so the schedule is working effectively and branch floor coverage is meeting our customer service expectations.
• You have the energy to juggle many tasks with a smile; you are out of the floor making sure things are running smoothly, modeling excellence in how the branch is to be run.
• You are a wizard at coaching your super-talented library team honestly, directly, and consistently to achieve new levels of success.
• You love our products. You are a voracious reader, listen to a diverse range of music, and love a good movie.
• You collaborate with Guides to develop and set programming that best serves your community;
• You continually train and develop your staff in areas of customer service, product knowledge, collection management, and visual merchandising.
• You are a genius at recruiting, hiring, and retaining a diverse and brilliant group of library employees and volunteers
• You demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff, customers, community partners, and district leadership.
• You are an explorer of partnerships. You participate in local organizations, community events and are the liaison to library friends support groups.
• You ensure compliance with all library policies and procedures.
• You analyze your library's statistics, market segments and identify new strategies for maximizing results, reporting information to staff and upper management.
• You think like an entrepreneur. You understand budgeting and what it takes to run your organization responsibly with a great bottom line.
• You have great ideas to share on District committees.
• You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Expect evening and weekend shifts as part of your schedule.
REMEMBER TO APPLY BY THE POSTING DEADLINE
Please submit a cover letter and resume for this posting.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have a minimum of 3 years of management or leadership experience.
- You have been an integral part of a business, library, or nonprofit organization’s success story.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or Master’s of library science degree (preferred).
- You are tech savvy. You are computer literate including a working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, online resources and expert searching capabilities for internet tools.
- You have bilingual Spanish speaking skills (preferred).
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Everyone is creative
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
Why Anythink Libraries? A job with Anythink is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers have fun, whether they’re sitting by the fireplace with a newspaper, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing and entertaining programs. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
Human Resources / Job Listings
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our Job Center on our website and apply online.