We are looking for a tech-savvy, innovative, curious, and service-oriented Public Services Librarian. In this job you will:
- Design and implement library programs for adults in a variety of settings.
- Assess new needs in programming, technology, and digital resources.
- Maintain and provide excellent customer service at the public service desk.
- Guide customers seeking assistance with public computer services, printing and copying, or digital and emerging technologies at the public service desk or through instructional classes.
- Provide reference and reader's advisory services.
- Provide community outreach by maintaining contact with schools, businesses, nonprofits and other related community organizations.
Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
Broomfield Library celebrates and actively seeks out diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Additional Info & Requirements
Training - Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Master's degree in library science or related field is preferred.
Experience – Previous library or related experience preferred in assigned area i.e. public, programming, STEAM, children's or collection and technology services. The Librarian I assigned to Collection and Technology Services requires a minimum one year demonstrated experience or coursework in cataloging.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence that the applicant possesses the Necessary Applicant Traits.
Preferred - Bilingual in Spanish
Broomfield, Colorado is a rapidly growing community located between Denver and Boulder. Currently home to 70,000 people, it is becoming a hub for technology and healthcare. Broomfield is located within an hour’s drive of the mountains and has a relatively mild climate. Miles of trails and open space and varied cultural opportunities enhance the quality of life. The library is an active participant in the community and enjoys excellent support from residents and the city and county.
City and County of Broomfield
Human Resources Department