We're hiring a collaborator with an editorial eye to be our Stakeholder Engagement Manager! You will play a key role in meeting the needs and serving the patrons of JCPL through strategic solutions and efficient planning. Your management skills will be key in providing direction for the creation and promotion of the Library's story. If you're ready to contribute to an engaged and connected community, then this job may be the one for you!
- Provides editorial direction and oversight of the creation and development of engagement and promotional materials.
- Ensures consistency with Library brand and style guidelines; plans and coordinates system-wide community events and activities in the promotion and marketing of the Library; and assists the Library’s Foundation with similar communications support.
- Manages, edits and coordinates the creation, production and dissemination of public information via print, video and electronic resources which includes Library campaigns, key services and events and special projects..
- Works collaboratively with other divisions to prioritize and align messaging.
- Ensures strategic integration of marketing initiatives across multiple formats and channels.
- Plays a role in the Library's media relations efforts such as maintaining media relationships, media inquiries, developing press releases and will act as a backup spokesperson for the Library.
- Contributes and leads the development and implementation of an annual stakeholder engagement plan to support Library goals and objectives.
- Assists in communicating the direction and strategies of the Library with and to employees via internal print, video, electronic and other communication resources.
- Hires, assigns, trains, directs and supervises the content team as well as temporary staff, volunteers and interns in area of responsibility.
- This position reports to the Assistant Director of Community Engagement.
- Complies with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119 and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as, ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience of two or more employees.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, public relations or communications.
- Advanced reading and writing skills required.
Hiring Range: $53,992-$68,840
Additional Info & Requirements
- Must work days, some evenings and weekends, and minor holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent upon criminal history check, motor vehicle record check and education verification
- Required documents:
- Attach a resume and cover letter to the application.
- Attach a promotional writing sample that was part of a campaign you led (provide attachment or link)
- Provide a link to an exemplary social media post you created in a professional role.
- Note: Links can be added as an attachment (ex. links on a Word doc) or placed in the supplemental questions.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more about Employee Benefits!
Human Resources / Job Listings