GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION:
Responsible for the strategic direction of the library and aligning the goals of the library with the Strategic Framework of the Seminary. Oversee and manage library operations, budget, technical systems, library policy, vendor relationships, and library staff. Facilitate communication within the Library and between the Library and other Seminary departments. Conceptualize strategic development and implementation of library operational and technical systems.
- Lead strategic planning and goal setting for the library.
- Oversee library operations, procedures and related technical systems.
- Adjudicate library policy and procedural questions.
- Supervise, develop and evaluate library staff.
- Plan and manage library budget and schedules.
- Process payments and receipts in coordination with the Business Office.
- Discuss and review all aspects of library administration regularly with the Provost/Academic Dean.
- Oversee collection and reporting of statistics and surveys.
- Foster a collegial, supportive work environment for library staff.
- Serve on Seminary committees as assigned.
- Contribute library information to Student and Faculty Handbooks.
- Serve as library liaison to the Faculty and Administration.
- Oversee all system implementations, upgrades, personnel training, equipment and facilities support.
- Monitor and update library sections on Seminary webpages and public media.
· Seminary degree preferred.
· MLS or equivalent degree/experience required.
· Five years of experience managing library services and operations preferred.
· Excellent computer and technical skills required.
· Experience with OCLC’s WorldShare Management Services (WMS), OverDrive and EBSCO host highly desired.
· Excellent management and organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly is needed.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Person must be high energy, motivated, and have demonstrated excellence in previous work history.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills required.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Director of Library Services supports this mission by:
- The Library team accomplishes the mission of the library with increasing excellence, functioning with positive, collegial, supportive interpersonal relationships.
- Library patrons are served well.
- Library technical systems are of high caliber and meet the needs of library patrons.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Train up the next generation of leaders!
External Job Ad