The Web Technologies Librarian at the Clifton Fowler Library of Colorado Christian University is primarily responsible for managing the Library’s online presence. The work is creative and challenging and requires experience and familiarity with library software and web languages. The Web Technologies Librarian monitors the library web page, updates and creates new web pages, handles problems and resolves technical issues, and is a liaison with the CCU IT department, the Marmot Library Network (our consortia), and vendors. The Web Technologies Librarian also creates videos for tutorials, is responsible for the Interlibrary Loan service, and assists with Book A Librarian appointments which are shared among four librarians. Librarians are faculty at CCU.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited program.
- Academic library experience; a minimum of two years preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LibGuides, EZProxy server support, library systems, and library consortia networking.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with course management software and web authoring tools.
- Familiarity with OCLC’s WorldShare for interlibrary loan management system.
- Commitment to teamwork, collegial support, and excellence, including the ability to develop and maintain appropriate and effective relationships with library staff, users, and the University community.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and adaptability in a changing work environment.
- Familiarity with professional issues, trends, and technology in academic librarianship.
Colorado Christian University is the premier interdenominational Christian university in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region. The fully accredited, nonprofit University is located in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. Colorado Christian University was founded in 1914. CCU’s motto is "grace and truth," which comes from John 1.14: “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” (ESV)
CCU's mission is Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth. Colorado Christian University cultivates knowledge and love of God in a Christ-centered community of learners and scholars, with an enduring commitment to the integration of exemplary academics, spiritual formation, and engagement with the world. We envision graduates who think critically and creatively, lead with high ethical and professional standards, embody the character and compassion of Jesus Christ, treasure the gospel, and who thereby are prepared to impact the world in their callings.
Important for you to know about CCU:
- Faith-friendly: CCU’s culture is unique to higher education. Where else can you pursue academic excellence yet read the Holy Bible, pray with teammates and students at work, and work to impact our culture in support of Christian values?
- Convictionally Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God’s Word.
- Live out your calling: We are a traditional evangelical university where you can invest your God-given talents and abilities alongside coworkers and teammates, while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Human Resources / Job Listings
firstname.lastname@example.org (Gayle Gunderson)