The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library seeks a detailed and collaborative 9-month temporary Collections Assessment and Interlibrary Loan Specialist to join Auraria Library’s Collections Strategies department within the Technical Services Division. Technical Services is responsible for the acquisitions, access, discovery, and assessment of purchased, curated, and shared collections. This position’s primary role is to oversee monthly reconciliation of Learning Materials, collect and analyze data for Library, institutional, and national reports, and assist with interlibrary lending and borrowing processes.
- Leads monthly reconciliation of expenditures between the University Financial System and the Library’s Integrated Library Management System (ILMS).
- Oversees financial adjustments as required.
- Maintains and manages the process of collecting, analyzing, and creating library data reports for academic program reviews, accreditation reports, national annual library surveys (ACRL, IPEDS), and risk and asset management reports.
- Gathers, comprehends, combines, and analyzes usage statistics and other data from purchased, subscribed and borrowed library materials for the purpose of informing and assessing collection development.
- Outputs data in tables, graphs, or other appropriate formats to help internal and external campus constituents understand the information.
- Provides narrative interpretations of the results of data analysis and make recommendations on potential actions in order to help colleagues sensibly use the information.
- Other collections assessment duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing all interlibrary loan lending requests via ILLiad, Rapid ILL, Occam’s Reader, and OCLC Worldshare ILL systems.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing interlibrary loan borrowing requests as needed.
- Assist with processing ILL requests for Auraria Library’s new initiative: Streaming Interlibrary Loan Video Resources (SILLVR).
- Other interlibrary loan duties as assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
PLEASE NOTE: Temporary hires are not eligible for University benefits.
This position will be 100% remote to start with the possibility of staying remote during the 9 months.