Maury Loontjens Memorial Library now hiring:
Library Technician positions, which is a part-time schedule to include days, nights and weekend shifts (up to 19 hours). Reports to head of circulation and is compensated hourly.
Job Summary: Library technicians help librarians acquire, prepare, and organize materials and help users to find those materials. A large part of this job is performed at the circulation desk using computers, answering questions, directing and assisting patrons with their information needs while providing a high level of customer service. The position can be physically challenging as it may require moving furniture, walking and standing for extended periods of time and carrying a reasonable selection of materials. The work performed is subject to review through observation, reports and the results achieved
- Utilize computers for circulation tasks (ex: checking items in/out, placing holds and data entry), preparing word documents, signs, flyers and other materials and using the Internet.
- Maintain library materials, return items to appropriate locations, read shelves for accuracy and organize materials.
- Carry, lift, move and arrange library furniture as needed
- Perform related office and clerical work (filing, answering phones, maintaining office equipment and managing related supplies).
- Counting and handling currency along with other housekeeping duties.
Additional Info & Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The applicant must have the ability to communicate effectively, to work cooperatively with others using a team approach and understand the mission of a library in its community. Previous library experience is not required, however it is a plus for the applicant. Applicants must have an interest in working with the public in a library setting. A high school diploma or the equivalent.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Send a copy of your resume along with a cover letter with your schedule of availability (days and hours you can work) to email@example.com. Application deadline is December 1, 2020.