The City of Littleton has an opening for a Multi-Media Specialist to provide high quality customer service to library users. This position instructs patrons on the use of technology and digital resources including the library’s Makerspace lab. Additionally, this position performs a range of audio, video and multi-media production duties to assist staff with virtual programming and will assist with the library’s social media content and campaigns.
The ideal candidate is creative and thoughtful about providing an exceptional customer experience, whether it’s online or in person. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills, is innovative and unafraid to take risks, seeks opportunities for collaboration, and enjoys learning and helping others learn about the latest technology platforms for creating and editing multi-media content.
The City of Littleton is a vibrant community south of Denver and is consistently voted as one of America’s Best Small Cities. Home to a charming and historic downtown, a variety of shopping venues, restaurants, parks and trails, there is a lot to offer to the wonderful people who live and work here. The City of Littleton offers outstanding benefits and perks to our employees. For more information, please see our Benefit Guide.
The City of Littleton believes in attracting and retaining the best talent and our strategies include hiring in at market pay and career development opportunities. In addition to your application, please submit a cover letter that describes why you are the best candidate for this position and the City of Littleton
Starting pay at or near $25.96 per hour
This position is full-time, non-exempt per FLSA and is eligible for overtime compensation.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday/Saturday, weekends and evenings required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers reference and technology related questions from patrons and staff by telephone, in person, chat, and through email. Responds to user requests for computer-related information and assistance. Answers questions regarding the use of the public computers, printers, microfiche/film readers, and related hardware and software including equipment for the visually impaired.
- Coordinates patron and staff training for the Makerspace lab.
- Assists with one-on-one and group training for patrons and staff on the use of various technologies, creates instruction materials.
- Produces and edits multi-media content that supports the library’s virtual programming.
- Assists with the library’s social media content and campaigns. Proactively monitors social media platforms for issues, questions and needs, and develops systems to quickly and effectively resolve issues.
- Helps plan and coordinate the Technology Expo annually.
- Manages the 3-D printer service. Fulfills patron printing requests.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Communications, Multi-Media Production or related field; and
- Two (2) years of Public Library work experience; and
- Two (2) years of additional coursework in computer sciences, or related field; or
- An equivalent combination of formal education, training and work experience that produces the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Experience with design and creation of online content and/or printed materials
- Experience managing and monitoring social media accounts
- Experience facilitating and leading small group trainings
- Event planning experience
To view the full posting and submit your application, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/littletonco/jobs/2928032/library-associate-multi-media-specialist