- Manages the overall service plan and daily operation of a branch library, including staff management, collection development and maintenance, services and programs, customer and community relations, outreach, developing partnerships and overseeing the general maintenance and security of the library building and grounds.
- Plans and implements library programs for all ages including story hours, after-school activities, educational workshops, reading groups, and technology literacy classes.
- Analyzes circulation rates and patron requests to prepare current collections and respond to local needs; prepares displays of library materials.
- Develops branch library collections; reviews sources for ordering of print and non-print materials, catalogs new and donated materials; manages branch budget for materials and supplies; maintains collection through responsible weeding.
- Writes monthly statistical and narrative reports on branch services and circulation; collects, writes up and deposits monies received by the branch to City Treasurer’s Office; prepares additional reports as required by the Library Director.
- Collaborates with the Library Director on grants development, grant writing and related activities.
Additional Info & Requirements
The City of New Bedford has a residency requirement in the City Code of Ordinances. Resumes only accepted with a completed employment application.
To download employment application, please visit https://newbedford-ma.gov/personnel/employment/employment opportunities/. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.