Do you love sharing your favorite books and movies with friends? Are you fascinated by all the inner workings of public libraries? Can you motivate a team of other book-loving library staffers? The Elizabeth Branch of Pines & Plains Libraries has a rare opportunity for the right person to serve a friendly community, oversee work flow in a vibrant library and learn a full range of library tasks. Our new Library Service Lead will be good humored, adaptable, curious, community-minded and tech-savvy. If this sounds like you, scroll down for more details.
Essential Duties Include, But Not Limited To:
- Operates under the direct management of the Branch Manager.
- Serves as a front-line expert and continually develops skills in reader's advisory, reference, and technology help.
- Trains patrons in the use of the library, its materials, technology, and the Internet.
- Acts as a role model to ensure service quality control, while coaching and assisting Library Service Technicians.
- Performs circulation duties as required; delegates tasks to LSTs when appropriate.
- Oversees weeding and inventory projects, per Branch Manager specifications.
- Performs basic catalog entry tasks, ideally developing competent original cataloging skills.
- Oversees Library Service Technicians and Program & Outreach Coordinators to ensure optimal library services across all product lines.
- Assists the Branch Manager in training volunteers, substitutes and Library Service Technicians
- Leads the Library Service Technicians in creating and maintaining an attractive service environment.
Qualifications Include, But Not Limited To:
- Requires high school diploma or GED; a college degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- 3+ years of public service experience, preferably within a library or other customer service-based organization.
- Strong customer service skills, including listening, solution development, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Basic supervisory or leadership experience and/or training courses required.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
See full job description HERE.
Additional Info & Requirements
Benefits include fully-paid health insurance, with dental coverage, for the employee and 80% paid for the employee's family. We offer paid time off and holidays, as well paid sick time.
Elizabeth is the largest town in Elbert County, a largely rural community. The town's population is 1,500, though the library's service area includes about 12,000. We are on the southeastern-most edge of the Denver area's suburbs. Most residents live on acreage properties. But more typical suburban development is growing. We serve both longtime country dwellers and newcomers who are used to "big library" services.
The Elizabeth Library is closely engaged with the surrounding community. In normal times, we participate in farmers' markets, festivals and other town events. The Library has the community's biggest public meeting room, where homeowners' associations, home school classes, gun safety classes, legal clinics and many other local groups meet. We host regular storytimes, as well as programs geared to patrons of all ages. Pines & Plains Libraries' mission is to provide our patrons the resources to achieve their aspirations through literacy, technology, and community engagement. We believe in empowering our patrons, adapting to new needs within the community while respecting traditional expectations of our libraries, and serving communities with good humor.
Applications ONLY accepted by email, at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter and resume.
Laurie Van Court, Branch Manager
651 W. Beverly St.
Elizabeth, CO 80107