Perform skilled paraprofessional library support services to contribute to the Library District's effective operation.
This position may include morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours including Sundays. Successful candidate may be required to adapt to future schedule and location changes depending on library needs.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Provide general, basic reference and information service by: assisting customers in the use of library facilities, equipment, resources, and services. Refer complex readers' advisory and reference questions to a Librarian or appropriate staff member.
- Provide courteous and efficient customer service by performing circulation desk tasks.
- Create and present programming for all customer groups as assigned.
- Develop program materials, including reading lists, promotional displays, and presentation materials.
- Provide training to customers in basic library skills including the use of public computers, catalog and reference computers, Internet, and devices.
- Assist customers in resolving technical problems or issues. Maintain and troubleshoot equipment utilized in a community library.
- Perform other library support services including opening and closing buildings and assisting in maintaining the library in neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- Perform collection maintenance activities through the use of reports and data, to include weeding the collection for condition as well as reallocation of library materials.
- May be designated in charge of the community library in the absence of other supervisory staff or building manager.
Education and Experience
- These skills and abilities typically are acquired through a combination of training and experience including a college-level education or specialized training such as library science, presenting programs or other profession-based subject areas.
- Three years of experience providing customer service in a library or public service environment is required.
Human Resources / Job Listings