This position will provide education and outreach to the students, faculty, and staff of the Auraria Campus, which serves the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University Denver, and the Community College of Denver. Our Education and Outreach Student Assistants form the core of our public service model, and this is very much a hands-on position. Successful applicants can expect authentic experiences involving research help and library instruction, as well as other opportunities related to the day-to-day operations of a large academic library, such as collections and digitization projects.
Note: due to COVID-19, the position is currently entirely remote, with the possibility of returning to campus sometime in 2021 depending on University of Colorado public health protocols. Technology to support work from home will be available.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provide in-person and online research help to Auraria Library users.
- Conduct library instruction sessions in a range of disciplines.
- Develop in-class exercises and assessments that will help students advance their research abilities.
- Create and edit online materials, including research guides and video tutorials.
- Receive professional support and guidance from Auraria Library faculty and staff to ensure success in this position.
- Engage in campus outreach events to promote library resources, spaces, and services.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Enrolled in a graduate level program.
- Familiarity with academic library services.
- Experience with teaching, public speaking, or leading tours.
- Interest in academic librarianship, especially instruction and/or research help services.
- Enrolled in a Library and Information Science graduate program.
- Available to work Mondays and/or Fridays.
Application Instructions: To apply, email a resume and letter expressing your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Application for Education and Outreach Student Assistant Position” as the subject line.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations on all prospective employees.