Scope of Job:
The Adult Services Coordinator leads the Library’s services to adults. The Coordinator acts as the liaison with area organizations providing business, finance, health, and educational services to facilitate cooperative services through the Library. The Coordinator curates and develops the adult collection of books, audiobooks, movies, and some digital resources. The Coordinator develops and leads the Library’s adult programs to support the Library’s values of connection, community and discovery.
The Coordinator works cooperatively with the leadership team. He/she cooperates with the Executive Director to develop or revise policy, plan the annual budget, and maintain the building, equipment and grounds as they pertain to adult services. He or she seeks and builds partnerships with community agencies and businesses to promote the mission and use of the Library.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide return on investment services to the taxpayers within the Library District and its guests;
· Facilitate free and equal access to information for all; uphold the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights and patron privacy rights.
· Advise the Director in planning, developing and implementing adult service priorities and strategic plans.
· Plan, design, and implement enriching programming for adults of all ages, both regularly occurring and special occurrences.
· Keep current in public library trends, services, policies and best practices for adult services and collections.
· Recruit, train, and assign collection, circulation, and programming tasks to volunteers.
· Enforce the library’s policies and procedures, while safeguarding confidential and restricted information.
· Uphold excellence in customer service standards.
· Provide for diversity and inclusion in collection materials and services.
· Conduct outreach to broaden awareness of library services in the community.
· Track program attendance, circulation, and other data to guide decision making and to identify service needs. Prepare monthly reports and contribute to the annual State Library Report.
· Assist the Director in preparation of budget recommendations for adult service needs and special purchases.
· Identify and recommend services and products for the Library.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community and library organizations and agencies, library vendors and representatives.
· Complete special assignments related to adult services as directed.
· Contribute to marketing and communication promotions and regular communications to patrons.
· Serve on consortium and other committees as assigned by Director.
· Uses data and strategic plan priorities to sets goals.
This employee has the following professional knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Written and oral communication and presentation skills to address a wide range of audiences.
· Ability to use the library's automated circulation system to provide efficient and effective service to patrons.
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service in person, on the telephone, and via e-mail and other forms of electronic communication.
• Skills in organization, planning, problem solving and decision-making.
• Technology skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, library apps, and online interfaces.
• Ability to develop and implement long- and short-range plans.
• Ability to effectively multitask while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to deal calmly and effectively with a wide range of individuals, in some instances under stressful or emergency conditions.
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in library science, education or related field.
• A minimum of three years of public library experience or public service related field.
• Experience in planning and delivering programs, classes, or events
Schedule may include evenings and weekend hours as needed.
Note: This job description is not an employment contract. The Library Board of Trustees and/or its designated representative reserve the right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any employment relationship with the Library is legally considered to be one of employment-at-will, in which either party may terminate this relationship for any reason at any time.
Additional Info & Requirements
This full-time position offers holiday pay, paid time off, health insurance and retirement contributions. Employment conditional upon clear background check.
The Buena Vista Public Library (Northern Chaffee County Library District) serves the residents and guests of the Town of Buena Vista, Colorado and the northern portion of Chaffee County, nestled in the Arkansas River Valley, surrounded by picturesque mountains and rock formations. The total service area of 8,000+ residents relies on the library as a community hub for space, resources and programming. Buena Vista and Chaffee County host year-round opportunities to outdoor recreation and draw tourists from throughout the country.
Submit resume, letter of interest, and professional references to email@example.com by February 12.