University of Wyoming Libraries
The University of Wyoming invites applications for the Carol J. McMurry Librarian for Academic Excellence. The Academic Excellence Librarian teaches credit-bearing courses in the Honors College and serves as lead librarian and primary point of contact for students and faculty in the college.
This position reports to the Chair of Research & Instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach two sections of the 3-credit first-year Honors Colloquium annually.
- Provide information literacy instruction for Honors courses and for the UW general education curriculum.
- Serve as the lead librarian in support of the Honors College and selected fine and performing arts departments.
- Support Honors College thesis research and other advanced undergraduate research with individual consultations and support for open scholarship.
- Consult and collaborate with Honors faculty and other university faculty to develop research-based curricula and assignments.
- Collaborate with campus partners on programming, which could include workshops on library research or digital scholarship; lectures and exhibits; theater productions for the Honors College; and campus or state-wide reading programs.
- Coordinate co-curricular opportunities for students, such as a student advisory board or research peer mentoring.
- Provide support for adoption and development of Open Educational Resources within the Honors curriculum and the UW general education curriculum.
- Participate in library instructional initiatives, student engagement programs, and outreach activities.
- This is an endowed position and will require regular reports to funders.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service, and professional development. (https://www.uwyo.edu/regs-policies/_files/docs/regulations-2020/uw_reg_2-1_approved_10-14-20.pdf ). Faculty rank (assistant, associate, or librarian) will be determined at the point of hire.
UW Libraries are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience working in a multicultural environment. Diversity resources for the University of Wyoming and the community of Laramie can be found at http://www.uwyo.edu/diversity/resources/. For more information on UW Libraries, please visit http://www-lib.uwyo.edu/
- ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in an academic library
- Experience teaching in higher education environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Additional advanced degree in the liberal arts
- Subject expertise in fine and performing arts
***The successful candidate will be hired in at either an Assistant or Associate Librarian rank, depending on experience.***
Additional Info & Requirements
Position Number: 21000128
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. This position will remain open until filled. Applications received by March 10, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
Hiring Manager: Lawrence O. Schmidt