Provides customer service and help desk coverage in the Library Technology
Center. This position requires a schedule that includes working 2 evenings per week and monthly Saturday shifts.
The salary range for this position is $19.86 - $28.80 per hour with a hiring range of $19.86 - $24.33, depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants on: 2/25/21 at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T.
Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- 2 Medical plan options – HDHP & PPO
- Medical and Dependent Daycare flexible spending
- Flexible Spending – Medical and Dependent Daycare
- Retirement –401(a) and 457
- Paid time off including Holiday, Vacation and Medical Leave
- Short and Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Wellness Clinic and programming
- City of Loveland training opportunities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for service desk & computer lab coverage to help library users of all ages in selecting, locating and using Library Technology resources.
- Assistance includes demonstrations and/or troubleshooting of library equipment and technology including but not limited to: public access PC computers, web browsers, scanners, video and still cameras, poster printer, external PC hardware such as DVD players and keyboards, projectors, 3D printers, CNC mill, virtual reality headsets, mobile phones, laptops and Chromebooks, audio/visual equipment, and Microsoft Office products. Responsible for scheduling and monitoring use of study rooms, iCreate Makerspace Lab, and public access computers.
- Responsible for routine cleaning and disinfecting of computer lab, classroom, iCreate Makerspace Lab, and work areas.
- Completes short term projects as assigned.
- Assists with planning and facilitating special technology events.
- Assists division with organizing files and upkeep of documentation, including division guidebook, training materials, procedure manuals, etc.
- May serve on City and/or library committees.
- Responsible for opening and closing division.
- Responsible for registering patrons for computer classes. May assist with scheduling, marketing, or promotion of computer classes.
- Assists with updating content on the Library website.
- Assists with graphic design of technology division marketing and promotional material.
- Assists with teaching digital literacy courses and developing technology class curriculum.
- Assists with providing technology outreach to the community.
- Assists with creating digital content for virtual technology instruction.
- Mentors patrons during short, scheduled technology help sessions.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining projectors and other equipment for Library meeting rooms and operating computer equipment connected to the Library’s public computing network.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, basic library catalog searching and creating library cards.
- Collects payment for services and products provided by the LTI division.
- Enforces and interprets policies and procedures to the public.
- Keeps public computer lab usage statistics and end of month reports.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to perform job duties effectively during relaxed or stressed activity level within the department. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment. Strong customer service skills. Ability to learn new task skills on the job. General knowledge of computer-based library systems. Ability to work independently or in a group, complete tasks on time, and constructively problem solve. Ability to establish warm, customer service-oriented relationships with customers of all ages. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the Internet, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, ChromsOS, Mozilla Firefox, Windows 10, MacOS, mobile devices and operating systems, and related technology. Ability to prepare materials for graphic reproduction and/or printing using computer software. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees.
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
Job specific competencies:
Community relations, Attention to detail, Computer software, Independence
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for Bachelor’s degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- One (1) year closely related technology experience required.
- One year (1) experience on MS Office, Internet browsers, mobile devices, and related software applications required.
- Two (2) years of exceptional customer service abilities required.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (MLS, MLIS, MI) preferred.
- Two (2) years library or directly related professional experience preferred.
- One (1) year experience with MacOS and mobile operating systems preferred.
- One (1) year experience with graphic design and/or Adobe Creative Cloud software preferred.
Licensure and/or certifications:
With over 300 days of sunshine, proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park, endless outdoor recreation options and a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene Loveland is an award winning City. In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the 2020 Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence. Loveland is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years. Additionally, Loveland has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. Featured by USA Today in 2017 as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America. As the rest of the world is figuring out what we have known for quite some time… Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE! ~ Love What You Do, Land With Us!
External Job Ad