Overview: The Facilities Generalist I position maintains and improves facilities, buildings, and grounds at Douglas County Libraries (DCL) locations, positively impact branch operations and creating a premium employee and customer experience.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Productive Work Habits: The extent to which overall work style is effective and productive in terms of time management, setting objectives and priorities, and following up on commitments across a variety of work challenges.
- Functional and Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Quality of Work Output: The quality of goods and services performed in terms of errors, waste, and rework required to meet standards, considering timeliness and quantity.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
Commercial Building Maintenance & Upkeep:
- Diagnose situation, identify a course of action, prepare and complete task, and clean-up work area in a courteous and timely manner. Leave surrounding area in better condition than before.
- Conduct commercial facilities maintenance, repair and replacement, including painting, patching, minor toilet repair, minor electrical work, lightbulb replacement, furniture repair, key and locks, door hardware, replacing carpet tiles, and other duties.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in functions required to repair and maintain library automated material handling equipment.
- Operates and uses required tools and equipment skillfully and safely.
- Demonstrate effective skills in cross-trained job functions and duties. Collaborate with a variety of teams at any DCL location.
- Creates a positive experience for library customers by effectively and efficiently performing job tasks; presents a positive image of the library in attitude, communications, language, and appearance while performing duties in public and staff areas.
- Build and assemble cabinets, shelves, tables, and other types of furniture and fixtures.
- Working indoors and outdoors completing large scale tasks in a variety of weather conditions.
- Perform manual labor duties including moving furniture, moving and hauling seasonal collections, landscape and sprinkler repair, snow removal, and other duties.
- Performs other work duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will live and exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values.
- Maintain expert knowledge and use of computers, Microsoft Office Products. Learn new technology that is introduced in the industry and the organization, as needed.
- Must have the ability to safely use manual tools and power tools common in Construction trades.
- Utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by industry safety standards.
- Practice “Lock-Out Tag-Out” while performing any work on mechanical or electrical equipment.
- Exemplify the Facilities credo: “Your smile is your logo; your personality is your business card; Howe you leave others feeling after having an experience with you is your trademark”.
Experience and Qualifications: Read, write and speak English required. High School graduate preferred. Commercial construction experience preferred. Valid Colorado Driver’s License, good driving record and reliable vehicle to travel to a variety of library branches. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Requirements: Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Access and transport materials up to 50 pounds. Participate at various locations and at varied times throughout the day. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.