Instructor – Non-Tenure Track
Information Literacy Librarian
Full-Time, 12-month position
- Provide and support effective information literacy instruction and education within the core curriculum and the academic disciplines
- Create digital learning materials; such as online interactive tutorials, video tutorials, and research guides
- Serve as liaison librarian to multiple academic departments
- Work closely with faculty and students across the University; interactions may be face-to-face or virtual
- Provide research assistance in-person, online, or by telephone and share in reference desk staffing
- Participate in the development and management of library services and collections
- Contribute to Kent Library and library unit committees, activities, and outreach, and to Southeast Missouri State University through faculty governance, committees, councils, and other working groups
- Pursue a professional development program
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree by July 1, 2021
- Strong service orientation and flexibility
- Demonstrated experience with planning, delivering, and evaluating information literacy education
- Experience using and/or creating digital learning materials
- Knowledge of reference services and electronic and print information resources
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Ability to take individual initiative and work effectively in a group
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multicultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and Southeast Online. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: The position is available July 1, 2021 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 26, 2021.
To Apply: Submit the following items online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com//semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
Library Information: Information regarding Kent Library can be found at http://library.semo.edu/.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis."