Jefferson County Public Library is hiring a creative, brand focused individual to be our Public Affairs Associate! You'll be performing public relations and marketing work to educate and inform the community about Library resources and services. Your collaboration with managers will provide high quality, innovative communications and public information with an emphasis on social media. While using your computer skills, you'll create multi-media productions to assist with all aspects of increasing awareness of program components to the public. If you're ready to create and collaborate, then this job may be for you!
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth.
- Public information support. Consult with supervisor to develop appropriate public information approaches and techniques. Prepare, write and disseminate a variety of internal and external communications as directed or requested. Research, write and edit a variety of printed and electronic materials, including news releases, executive communications, brochures, newsletters, content for web pages, reports, announcements, posters, leaflets, brochures, pamphlets and other publications. Write materials in a clear and interesting fashion, using concise journalistic style.
- Help develop the tone and approach for Jefferson County Public Library's social media presence. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the Library's tone and approach on social media channels is consistent with its brand. Goals include expanding the Library's community with an inclusive tone and approach to raising awareness about resources and services.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of content for intranet and social media pages. Participate in continuing education/training in content development and communications technology.
- Plan and coordinate activities including conferences, public and media events designed to effectively promote topics and issues and partnerships within the Department/Division and the community. Schedule, arrange and handle logistics for special events.
- Respond to a variety of inquiries on the telephone, in person and by letter/email in a timely manner providing information and directing questions to appropriate staff to promote good public relations and create cooperative working relationships.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Additional Info & Requirements
Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus.
Required: Resume, Cover Letter, and 3 published writing samples/clips
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings