PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports various operations related to the collection lifecycle, system technologies, and data collection within the Technical Services department at the Aurora Public Library system.
- Assist with processing incoming materials/content, including physical books/AV materials, e-content, and tech devices.
- Ensure the accuracy cataloging records, including updating and loading records in the ILS.
- Support collection maintenance efforts, such as weeding and re-balancing the collection.
- Assist with updating web content in the OPAC.
- Run departmental reports on a routine basis and record data.
- Provide support to the catalog and collection librarians and assists with special projects as needed.
- Assist with the selection of materials.
- Provide backup for ILL and mailroom (receiving shipments).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year of library experience.
- Experience and use of ILS software.
- Knowledge of collection management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of cataloging standards, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Routine software and business applications, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases
- Integrated library systems software and web applications library operations and functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, peers and library staff at all levels, citizens, library users; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Use general office equipment
- Perform mathematical calculations, is adept at MS Excel or other spreadsheet software;
- Work shifts primarily Monday – Friday between 8:00 – 5:00, some evening and weekend shifts as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Licenses and Certifications: