The Learning Coach/Librarian plays a key role in the implementation of sound pedagogical practices aligned with the district vision and strategic plan. In collaboration with school principals, district leaders, and other learning coaches, the Learning Coach/Librarian supports teachers and fosters educator growth through a personalized approach to professional learning and support. Leveraging human-centered design, modeling and close coaching, the Learning Coach/Librarian champions the design of systems that facilitate equitable access to physical and digital learning resources as well as personalized learning spaces. The Learning Coach/Librarian coaches teachers toward planning and implementation of innovative, learner-driven experiences and models effective and ethical use of information, technology, and learning resources. In addition to coaching responsibilities, the Learning Coach/Librarian manages the operations, staffing, budget, and environments (physical and digital) of an innovative library media center.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution in a field that prepares this person for the functions and duties of this position
- Current Colorado teaching and/or principal license
- Approaches new and challenging situations with a growth mindset
- Highly organized and manages multiple projects and assignments effectively and efficiently
- Maintains confidentiality and student data privacy
- Proven track record of collaborative relationship building, sharing resources and solving problems
- Knowledge of effective blended learning practices and instructional technology integration
- Models and builds capacity toward digital citizenship
- Uses resources to employ strong information literacy skills and knowledge of Colorado Academic Standards and their application to instruction
- Promotes Weld RE-4 classroom attributes and indicators throughout all areas of the learning community
- Demonstrated leadership qualities in working with teachers and principals to support school and district goals and objectives
- Works as a positive contributing member of a team as well as a self-directed independent staff member focused on classroom, building, and district goals
Weld RE-4 School District is known for its superior schools and hometown feel. We are located in western Weld County and serve Windsor, Severance, and North West Greeley—communities that, time and again, step up to support our schools.
Our school district serves approximately 7,000 students in nine traditional schools and a K-12 charter school system. We strive to inspire innovation and empower success for every student in every classroom, through our comprehensive academic programs as well as International Baccalaureate, project-based learning, and STEM options. At our high schools, students have access to Advanced Placement courses and dual credit and concurrent enrollment programs. They have the opportunity to explore potential career paths through a variety of programs such as Culinary Arts, Future Farmers of America, Construction Management and Industrial Design and Technology.
Across the district, our students have access to a variety of technology tools. Access to technology is just one of many ways we inspire innovation in our students, who consistently outperform the state average on standardized math and language arts tests. However, when it comes to measures of success, what makes us most proud is the consistent recognition Weld RE-4 students receive in their schools, in our community, and beyond for their academic achievements, creative talents, athletic prowess, and community service.
In Weld RE-4, the ultimate evidence of our efforts to empower our students to succeed is our graduation rate, which is among the highest in northern Colorado; 89 percent of our graduates go on to postsecondary education, and 10 percent enter the military or workforce. Weld RE-4 graduates receive United States Military Academy appointments and Boettcher Foundation and Daniels Fund scholarship awards.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Weld RE-4 School District: 970.686.8000