We are looking for a high performing, innovative and team focused individual who exemplifies excellent customer service to be our Public Services Librarian I. You will be responsible for providing reference and technology services in multiple formats and settings.
Why Broomfield Library?
We are a community connector. We have a strong sense of pride and identity and work extensively to bring the highest quality programs and services to those we serve. Guided by vision to inspire, empower and connect all who engage with us, we seek innovative solutions to community concerns and aspirations.
Are you a good fit?
- Skill in providing excellent customer service in alignment with the organizational expectations.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of modern library systems, methods, equipment, materials, programs and automation.
- Working knowledge of reader interest and ability levels.
- Working knowledge of equipment and facilities required in a comprehensive library system.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of office management, work organization and supervision.
- Considerable knowledge of technology and research and the ability to teach others. Working knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Skill in understanding and responding to customer needs and concerns.
- Ability to instruct patrons on the use of technologies in group and one-on-one settings.
Additional Info & Requirements
Training- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Master's degree in library science or related field is preferred.
Experience– Previous library or related experience preferred in assigned area (public services and programming). Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence that the applicant possesses the Necessary Applicant Traits.
Preferred - Bilingual Spanish
Broomfield, Colorado is a rapidly growing community located between Denver and Boulder. Currently home to 70,000 people, it is becoming a hub for technology and healthcare. Broomfield is located within an hour’s drive of the mountains and has a relatively mild climate. Miles of trails and open space and varied cultural opportunities enhance the quality of life. The library is an active participant in the community and enjoys excellent support from residents and the city and county.
City and County of Broomfield
1 Des Combes Drive
Broomfield, Colorado, 80020