We are looking for an energetic Youth Services Coordinator who is passionate about early literacy and childhood development, enjoys working with young people and families, and is excited to connect with the Leadville/Lake County community. In coordination with library staff and under the supervision of the Youth Services Supervisor, the Children's Services Coordinator supports library operations by assisting in the planning and implementation of programs that promote literacy and lifelong learning. These programs include storytimes, summer reading events, and outreach in the community (storytime, enrichment activities, and book distribution both at the library and off-site at locations throughout Leadville).
Lake County Public Library serves a population of approximately 7,750 residents. LCPL has a committed staff dedicated to facilitating equal access to services, community building, innovation, intellectual freedom, literacy, and lifelong learning. Each member of our library team is integral to the success of our organization. We value vision, hard work, collaboration, and creative problem-solving.
Applicants who are bilingual in English and Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Cooperates as a team member with library staff in performing essential library duties, including circulation, and participates in special projects as needed
- Performing related duties as assigned
- Keeping current with new technologies and children’s literature
- Enforcing library policies
- Planning, preparing, and delivering programming to children ages 0-11 and families
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and additional education preferred; 1 -2 years of experience working with children preferred; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Willingness and ability to be active during programming and events as well as deliver programming in an outdoor setting.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with staff and supervisors
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Understand and follow directions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers and the general public
- Work well with children and foster their interest in reading and learning
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills; a competence in technology; be creative, positive and promote excellent customer service
- Experience working with children
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Tucked in the heart of the Rockies, Leadville is the highest incorporated town (10,152 feet!) in the continental United States. Its natural beauty offers access to outdoor recreation all year around - from backcounty skiing and groomed Nordic skiing trails to miles of hiking trails and lake or river fishing.
To apply, email the following to Sadie Rehm: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- 3 Professional References