Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an immediate opening for an
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
RVU offers a full benefits package that included 401(k), Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Library Coordinator will further the mission and vision of Rocky Vista University by supporting the operations of the library on the Southern Utah Campus. The primary duty of a library coordinator is to assist the Assistant Director in managing the daily operations at the Utah library. Duties may include assisting patrons, cataloging books, giving library orientations to groups or new patrons and collecting new materials for the library. Additional responsibilities may include overseeing library equipment, maintaining the library files and compiling data about library activities. You may also manage part time clerks and dictate tasks to them. Another part of your job may include keeping the library up-to-date, and employing new programs and special events. This individual will also be responsible for providing basic reference and specialized research services to faculty, staff, and students, as well as overseeing access services at the Southern Utah campus. Abundant customer service skills, sound research skills, and a firm grasp of library operations are vital qualities to the Library Coordinator’s success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answer basic reference questions and specialized reference questions, seeking support and guidance from the Research Librarian when necessary.
- Provide proactive and friendly customer service at the circulation desk.
- Assist patrons with navigation and usage of library resources, including databases, point-of-care tools, and print materials.
- Provide assistance with library technical service processes, including but not limited to acquisitions, cataloging, serials, and library systems.
- Review and respond to requests for electronic or print materials.
- Assist in developing and presenting basic library instruction.
- Maintain accurate shelving and inventory of the library collection, including occasional weeding.
- Communicate with patrons regarding access disruptions, such as modified hours or e-resource unavailability.
- Compile statistics and present reports relating to the usage of library materials and spaces.
- Partner with library colleagues to develop and execute library programs, events, or displays.
- Review and respond to technical issues that may arise with the photocopier machines, calling for vendor support when necessary.
- Maintain a basic archive for the Southern Utah site.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in information services.
- Consider the adoption of new practices, services, and tools that may increase the efficiency of library services.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist administration in special projects as necessary.
- Attend and participate in select school functions and activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Information literacy and research skills necessary to review and respond to basic research and reference inquiries.
- Strong communicative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to respond to situations independently, or identify when managerial support is needed.
- Intermediate level of computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively, cohesively, and professionally in a team-based environment.
- Ability to lift 25 lb. boxes, maneuver book carts, and shelve books.
- Ability to read and interpret technical instructions related to computer use, photocopiers, phones, and office and library software.
- Experience working in a library technical services environment, such as acquisitions, serials, or e-resources management
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a library setting.
- Experience providing library instruction and/or reference services
- MLIS or research background.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
At Rocky Vista we value individuals who demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning, community service, and excellence. As one of the newest of the colleges of osteopathic medicine, Rocky Vista enjoys an entrepreneurial culture featuring state of the art facilities and innovative approaches to learning.
External Job Ad
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions.