We're hiring a highly detailed, tech savvy and organized team player to join our Programming team! Your excellent communication and high level of customer service will support the Programming Team, other library staff and our patrons by helping to administer library programs and events. Your collaboration across departments at the Library will ensure programming comes to fruition. If you're ready to contribute to successful Library programming and events, then this part-time job might be for you!
This position is currently remote due to COVID-19. This position will work out of the Arvada Library on occasion. A flexible schedule is available.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICES: Provides and assists with information on library programs and events. Communicates with program presenters, vendors, and staff over the phone or via email using high-level customer service skills. Maintains detailed and accurate paper and electronic files and records. Participates in ongoing improvements to the library's processes and procedures. Collects statistical information pertaining to programs and events services.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Provides customer service to library staff, presenters, and community stakeholders. Participates in a wide variety of tasks to ensure the delivery of quality library services. Maintains records and tabulations, completes online forms, schedules resources and responds to internal emails and phone calls. Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and specialized or commercial software applications to develop, enter, store and/or retrieve information. Maintains a variety of computer and tangible files. Communicates policies to patrons and staff.
- OPERATIONATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Provides logistical support for event planning. Schedules library resources and facilitates the distribution of equipment throughout the library system. Creates and maintains a calendar for sharing and shipping of library equipment. Labels and tracks library equipment and resources. Provides information and performs simple research activities. Ensures adherence to established policies, procedures and standards. Attends workshops and training sessions to acquire new skills, while refining and maintaining others. Participates in staff and division meetings. May participate on committees and/or task forces. Participates in the responsibility for the general appearance and safety of the location and library as a whole. Keeps current on library policies and procedures. Monitors adherence to library policies and procedures.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Additional Info & Requirements
Preferred - One year of customer service experience.
Required - High level of attention to detail.
The ideal schedule is 4 hours per day, 5 days a week.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings