Looking for a customer-service focused position with a schedule outside the traditional work week? The MSU Library is seeking an energetic, friendly, and tech savvy individual to become the newest member of the Learning and Research Services team (otherwise known as LRS), the vibrant user-centered public face of the MSU Library.
The person in this position will:
- Work at the main service desk, check library material in and out, renew materials, collect fines, and register patrons.
- Supervise LRS student employees during appointed LRS service point shifts.
- Participate in semester evaluations and performance reviews of LRS student employees.
- Answer telephone and in-person patron queries, explain policies and procedures, and make appropriate referrals.
- The anticipated regular hours of this position are Sunday-Thursday, 11 am-8 pm.
- During the summer, perform all the duties associated with closing the library Sunday – Thursday. (The library generally closes at 9 p.m.)
- Serve as back-up library closer Sunday – Thursday on an as needed basis.
- Train alongside other classified staff in the LRS department in the basics of their functional specialties, and with departmental librarians for future provision of library tours, orientations, and workshops.
- Serve on library committees and working groups.
- Other duties as assigned to assist in general library operations and fulfillment of LRS mission, goals, and objectives.
Montana State University welcomes a broad array of experiences and perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting, and building an inclusive and culturally rich campus environment. In support of our campus and library strategic plans, which value diversity in all its dimensions, we enthusiastically encourage members of traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
Read the full job posting and apply for the position:
External Job Ad