Purpose: The Seasonal Special Events Aide is responsible for set up and successful execution of events at Douglas County Libraries (DCL) and represents DCL at community outreach opportunities. This customer service role works closely with the Special Events Team to create premium experiences for all attendees. This position will be instrumental at seasonal events throughout the year, especially summer and winter activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as an ambassador for DCL at all special and community events, representing core values and providing a premium experience for all attendees.
- Maximizes exposure opportunity and attendance at all events, whether at DCL or in the Community.
- Responsible for timely event set-up, registration, and clean-up.
- Uses effective, outgoing, presentation skills at community and DCL events.
- Executes a seamless event from start to finish.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal relationships using positive communication skills with all vendors, DCL staff, and volunteers.
- Events may take place during day, evening or weekend hours.
- Positively engages with community leaders and members at all off-site events.
- Creates interest and is knowledgeable about all DCL events and services, thereby increasing attendance and participation at special events.
- Data entry
- Marketing collateral assembly
- Develop registration pieces for easy on-site completion.
- Provide feedback and frequent communication to and supervisors.
- Efficient in MS Office.
Performs other duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will live and exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values.
Experience and Qualifications: Read, write and speak English required. High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred. Must be 18+ yrs of age. Colorado Driver’s License is preferred. Must have reliable transportation to all DCL locations throughout Douglas County. One year previous special event and/or customer service experience preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Requirements: Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Work at computer stations for extended periods. Access and transport materials up to 40 pounds. Participate in meetings and events at various locations and at varied times throughout the day. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.
Additional Info & Requirements