Purpose: The Douglas County Libraries (DCL) Seasonal Day Camp Aide serves as a library liaison at all DCL Day Camp Events throughout Douglas County, interacting with the Day Camp instructors, vendors, parents and children. This position facilitates the day-to-day execution of successful camp experiences and activities with a focus on safety, development, and skill achievement. This role will provide quality educational and recreational experiences where kids can learn, play, and explore with plenty of hands-on activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Day Camp Facilitator:
- Consistently deliver a premium and safe day camp experience to all participants and parents at each camp, thereby satisfying the core values and brand standards of Douglas County Libraries.
- Treating all children and parents with respect, honesty, kindness and good-will.
- Effectively manage behavioral and cultural differences in children and parents, and effectively address concerns and allergens.
- Timely set up and clean up daily camp activities.
- Serve as a role model to campers and staff by exhibiting a positive and enthusiastic attitude and good sportsmanship.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all DCL staff at every location.
- Provide feedback and frequent communication to camp instructor and supervisors.
- Coordinate day camp registration and sign-in process at each camp.
- Compose weekly camp summary and deliver on-time to supervisors.
- Adherence to Camp DCL policies and procedures.
- Efficient in MS Office
Performs other duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will live and exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values.
Experience and Qualifications: Read, write and speak English required. High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred. Must be 18+ years of age. Must have strong desire and enthusiasm to work with children. Colorado Driver’s License is preferred. Must have reliable transportation to all DCL locations throughout Douglas County. Previous camp, educational, or day care experience preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Requirements: Access and transport materials up to 40 pounds. Must be able to sit, squat, run, skip, and play with children of all ages.
Additional Info & Requirements