We are hiring our next library leader as our Patron Experience Supervisor at Golden Library! You will develop and lead a successful team to provide core library services and deliver consistent and quality customer service for library patrons. Your passion for working directly with the public and diverse communities will help to create positive outcomes. If you can inspire teams, excel at customer service, and are an excellent communicator, this position may be the job for you!
The Golden Library, located along historic Clear Creek in the vibrant city of Golden, offers beautiful views of the Jefferson County foothills. This community-focused, high energy library offers innovative hands-on programs for all ages, with a special emphasis on services to kids and families.
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexible schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth.
- SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Communicates expectations to staff about Library services and trends in customer service. Models best behavior practice for customer service. Maintains Library resources, including physical and virtual, so that residents have equal access to information and ideas. Implements quality assurance methods in programs presented in their location, including off-site locations as directed.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Communicates expectations to staff about Library services and trends in customer service. Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives. Applies input from community for implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks. Applies established industry benchmarks in service provision as directed. Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Provides input for location/core service budget, audits spending per established procedures, and limits. Participates in annual planning for Library services. Provides input for anticipated local and system needs. Communicates goals and strategic priorities to direct reports. Ensures compliance with budget limits and established purchasing procedures with staff under their supervision.
- Supervises staff in area of responsibility. Administers and makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, granting leave, appraisals, and taking corrective action. Conducts performance evaluations and communicates short- and long-term goals and objectives. Submits personnel records and reports as required by the County. Assists and advises subordinates as necessary, resolves problems as non-routine situations arise, and ensures adherence to established policies, procedures and standards. Communicates changes in policy and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional
functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology. Position reports to the Public Services Manager.
Additional Info & Requirements
Preferred - Masters degree in Library Science (MLS) or Library Information Systems (MLIS).
Preferred - One year supervisory experience.
Required - 3 years of related experience.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Human Resources / Job Listings