Supports the library staff by performing a variety of administrative support and office management work involving purchasing, receiving, and business processes in the Library. This position will work an average of 24 hours each week.
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive:
- Perform a variety of administrative and office management duties.
- Prepare data for invoice payments and process billing data; requisition and purchase supplies; maintain inventories.
- Assist with library materials acquisitions, cataloging, and processing.
- Type and compose correspondence, reports, budget materials, and other materials requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness.
- Draft non-routine or technical material as requested by supervisor.
- Administer and coordinate assigned projects; assist in administrative procedures and in keeping financial, budget, and administrative records.
- Handle complex or difficult questions with regard to policies, procedures, etc.
- Keep advised of the current status of the work of the department; make referrals to proper Department personnel as needed.
- Coordinate with other library staff on issues related to the Library grants and grant budgets.
- Schedule use of facilities for activities and events; handle office mail.
- On occasion, act as City Representative at meetings pertaining to the assigned department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE: Municipal budgeting, financial record keeping and general accounting procedures; computer applications and basic bookkeeping; modern office practices and procedures; organizational and departmental structure, related policies, regulations, and procedures.
SKILL: Typing with accuracy, word processing skills, and filing skills; demonstrated organizational skills; demonstrates proper English and spells correctly; excellent customer service skills.
ABILITY: Evaluate circumstances, use judgment, and make independent decisions;
maintain and organize office and assigned projects efficiently and effectively and with minimal supervision; establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, vendors, other employees and the public.
Evidence of Qualifications
TRAINING: High School diploma or equivalent supplemented with bookkeeping, typing, and business courses.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of office management experience or library experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence that the applicant possesses the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Possession of a valid Colorado Driver's license with a good driving record or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of hire. Sense of humor and common sense
Lafayette is a thriving and diverse community of approximately 29,000 residents. Encompassing 9.54 square miles at the foothills of the Rockies, Lafayette is located at the southeastern edge of Boulder County, allowing for easy access to Boulder, Denver, Denver International Airport, and the Rocky Mountains. Our community enjoys robust services and amenities, including the Great Outdoors Water Park, an award-winning skate park, the Hale Irwin designed Indian Peaks Golf Course, a senior center, The Collective Community Arts Center, Art on the Street public art program, exciting and diverse events like Art Night Out and the Lafayette Peach Festival, Waneka Lake park and boathouse, 20 community parks, 1,640 acres of open space, 20 miles of trails, Lafayette Public Library, NRPA Gold Medal Award-winning Bob L. Burger Recreation Center, multiple community events, and a vibrant downtown. Lafayette has appeared on numerous national lists of top places to live and raise a family.