Title: BRANCH MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST
Location: Support Services, 12855 E. Adam Aircraft Circle, Englewood, CO 80112
Reports to: Manager Facilities and Security
FLSA Status: Full-time (40 hours), Non - Exempt
Pay Range: $18.80 - $23.50
Purpose: Maintains Library District facilities by performing technical maintenance and repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
70 % - MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR
- Performs maintenance and repair services at library facilities by securing lighting and building access, completing preventative maintenance schedules, work orders and safety repair, making keys and repairing locks and doors, setting up meeting rooms, inspecting and maintaining water fountains, handling recycling, insuring facilities have supply, helping with donations and restocking and cleaning restrooms in order to keep equipment, systems and building ready for use.
- Maintains the Library District's plumbing, electrical, heating, air ducts, ventilation and cooling units by repairing plumbing equipment, servicing HVAC equipment, troubleshooting and eliminating potential problems in order to resolve problems caused by the District's HVAC, plumbing or electrical systems.
- Maintains building accessibility and appearance by removing trash outside Library facilities, clean in and around dumpster enclosure, removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lot, maintaining the landscaping, changing stained ceiling tiles, power scrubbing building exterior, cleaning mechanical and electrical closets, cleaning light fixtures and replacing lights in order to keep facilities accessible and attractive.
- Maintains Library District facilities by inspecting the buildings and grounds and reporting any structural damages in order for the proper maintenance of District facilities.
- Inspect all facilities bi-monthly for maintenance repair, upkeep, and report, work with general contractors in getting bids.
- Be part of the Request for Proposal Process in evaluating and working with the Manager of Facilities and Security in obtaining a winning bid according to District Policy.
- Able to conduct carpentry work by building required items, installing modular workstations, flooring, drywall and frame, operating and maintaining tools and equipment, and other related required duties.
- Liaisons with contractors by contacting them and troubleshooting minor building systems in a joint effort to expedite repairs, external plant and fertilization, pruning, watering and transplant. Also, oversees contractor's work to ensure performance standards are met.
20 % - CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Responds to emergencies by being present at the district facilities whenever necessary, including evenings and weekends, in order to perform technical repairs.
- Assumes responsibilities in the absence of the other Branch Maintenance Specialists by resolving repair or troubleshooting problems in all aspects of building automation system, mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment in order to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
10% - SUPPLIES AND INVENTORY
- Maintains parts and supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needed parts and supplies, anticipating cleaning equipment replacement, update paint book and placing orders in order to maintain department inventory in each of the Library facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and requested
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May participate in summer reading preparation
- May participate in district program events
- May participate in selection of Request for Proposals
- May participate in Owner's, General Contractor Architect Meetings
- May be ask for input and feedback on vendors proposals and specifications
- Two to five years of similar or related experience, required.
- High School diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a clean driving record, required.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including evenings and weekends, required.
- Basic technology skills for Windows, Word and Outlook, required.
- Knowledge of basic repair and construction tools.
- Knowledge of carpentry.
- Knowledge of Heating Ventilation Air conditioning, mechanical, plumbing, electrical repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of computers for the building's operating systems.
- Skilled in using tools for basic repairs and construction.
- Ability to understand and or read engineering architectural building plans.
- Ability to travel between facilities.
- Ability to focus on the customer, show integrity, be inclusive, enjoy learning and have fun.
- Moderate to heavy noise (Heating Ventilation Air Condition System, power tools, construction sites).
- Ability to work in confine areas
- Ability to work both inside and outside in all types of inclement weather conditions.
- Physical activities required to perform essential duties include:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 25-50% of the time.
- Must be able to move around 75-100% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to carry up to 40 lbs
- Ability to push and pull a cart weighing up to 100 lbs
- Ability to kneel, crouch, reach and stoop 50% of the time.
- Ability to be mobile 100% of the time. Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and push carts weighing 100 pounds or more, ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted regularly and 51 or more pounds assisted occasionally required. Must be able to work on equipment that will require you to work off the ground and on the equipment.
- Frequency or repetitive actions which includes typing, walking and driving
- Bending, grasping, stretching without limitations which includes snow removing and using tools
- Lifting above your waist and head up to 40 lbs.
This job description describes the general level of work being performed and is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties or aspects associated with the job, and may be amended anytime based on business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Inclusion and diversity are part of our values at Arapahoe Libraries.
Qualified applicants who represent the diversities of the communities we serve are encouraged to apply.
Established in 1966, the Arapahoe Library District serves more than 200,000 residents living in Arapahoe County. Arapahoe County and other major suburban counties make up the greater metropolitan area surrounding Denver, Colorado. The Arapahoe Library District operates eight branch libraries, including mobile library services, and a library at the County Detention Center, funded by the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department. A seven-member Board of Trustees sets the library budget and determines policy.
External Job Ad
APPLY ONLINE at http://arapahoelibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and select the position you are interested in. Click on “Apply Now” and create a login that will allow you to submit interest for any open position. You may also attach a resum