About Our Job
The Denver Public Library is seeking an innovative leader to join our Hadley Branch as a Senior Librarian. In this position, you will create lifelong library customers by implementing and managing library services designed to attract and meet the needs of customers of all ages seeking entertainment and information resources, professional reference assistance and excellent service. Supervise the daily operations of a busy branch location including personnel and scheduling. Oversee the design of engaging displays as well as the implementation of programming. Work with a team of Senior Librarians and a Manager to design and implement branch-specific and system-wide services. Participate in system-wide cross functional teams to develop services in support of Library strategic initiatives. Communicate effectively about the Library, including issues and initiatives, with customers, staff and administration.
In addition to a strong desire to contribute the southwest Denver community, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Knowledge of library services and promotion of library services.
- Knowledge of popular materials for all ages and of current trends in library programming.
- Skill in bringing imaginative programs to the public.
- Skill in providing reference, reader and media advisory service.
- Skill in merchandising of library materials inside the library and out.
- Skill in providing strong, dedicated and compassionate leadership.
- Ability to thrive working in an environment with constant public contact with people from all backgrounds and age groups.
- Ability to select, train, motivate and supervise professional and clerical staff.
- Ability to creatively solve problems, negotiate and handle stressful situations in a positive manner.
- Ability to create and maintain positive staff relationships.
- Ability to model positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity and a sense of humor in working with customers, coworkers and community.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and flexibility.
- Ability to use extensive workplace and other technology including email, internet, databases, eMedia, social media and other software.
- Ability to pass a background check after the offer to hire has been made.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- A Master's in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- Two years of post-MLS professional-level work in a library.
- Spanish or Vietnamese language fluency (preferred, not required).
Additional Info & Requirements
We anticipate the application period to close on Friday, May 22, 2021. Please submit an application at your earliest convenience in order to be considered.