Position Type: Full Time
Lincoln County Library System is seeking a friendly, creative, energetic and customer service oriented individual to serve as the branch manager at the Cokeville Branch Library. The ideal candidate will have a winning attitude, excellent communication skills and the aptitude for performing professional level work. A library degree with some library experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right individual. If you are interested in living around, and working in, beautiful Cokeville, Wyoming, go to https://linclib.org/careers to download an application and view a complete job description. This is a full time, benefited position with a starting salary of $15.00/hour. Applications accepted through July 6, 2021. Contact Richard Landreth at 307-877-6961 for any additional information. EOE.
Branch Manager - Job Description
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE: Prefer library and/or customer service experience
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under the direction of the Library Director, ensures the smooth and seamless operation of the library. Supervises and evaluates library staff, selects materials, monitors budget, maintains library collection, performs reader’s advisory services, assists with technology, and fosters and maintains collaborative relationships with community groups, organizations and co-workers.
Any of the following duties may be performed. These examples are not necessarily performed by all incumbents and do not include all specific tasks an incumbent may be expected to perform.
- Train, schedule and supervise library staff and volunteers.
- Assure compliance with Lincoln County Library System policies and procedures.
- Resolve patron, circulation and personnel issues.
- Effectively communicates information regarding branch to LCLS Director.
- Conduct performance evaluation of library staff.
- Perform collection development based upon knowledge of community.
- Continue to develop professionally to keep abreast of trends in librarianship.
- Provide basic reference services.
- Compiles statistics and prepares reports for the library.
- Assures the library facility and equipment are in good working order.
- Fosters and maintains outreach services to the community.
- Plans, implements, promotes and evaluates programs and activities for adults, teens and children.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed.
Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
- Knowledge of modern library policies and procedures.
- Skills in working technology and library computer systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
- Operate effectively across a wide range of activities from routine to complex.
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage time effectively without close supervision.
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining a positive, helpful and professional community culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Evaluate branch concerns and suggest solutions.
- Perform routine housekeeping and maintenance duties when necessary.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
HOURS: 30-40 hours/week
REPORTS TO: Lincoln County Library System Director
Additional Info & Requirements
Hours may vary between 30-40 per week
Equivalent experience may substitute for bachelor's degree
External Job Ad