Imagine walking to work while gazing out at Colorado two highest 14ers, the air crisp and fresh. Would you rather ride a bike to work? Then hop on your bike and take the Mineral Belt Trail! What could be better than that??
What's better than that is walking or riding to work in a library that has fun and interesting collections, dedicated staff, loyal patrons and enjoys offering cutting edge programs and services to its community. Where is this unicorn of a library you ask?? Lake County Public Library in Leadville!
We are looking for a new Materials and Marketing Supervisor to provide leadership in our circulation department and help us craft messaging for our community that reflects our mission, values, and innovative spirit.
Oversees the daily operations of the Circulation Department and ensures excellent customer service at the front desk. Supervises all Circulation Desk Clerks. Additionally, provides leadership in marketing and general communications such as social media posts and press releases.
Additional Duties as assigned.
- Circulation operations: 60%
- Assists patrons at circulation desk
- Supervises InterLibrary Loan
- Carries out opening and closing procedures as assigned
- Assists in compiling monthly library usage statistics
- Catalogs the receipt of magazines and newspapers daily
- Assists in tracking and recording monthly intake of funds; prepares bi-weekly deposit
- Orders office and book processing supplies
- Keeps informed of trends in Circulation Services in libraries through professional development such as workshops, conferences, or online classes
- Participates in annual budget process by providing recommendations for circulation services
- Supervises all Circulation Clerks
- Outreach and marketing: 40%
- Provides leadership in marketing
- Coordinates with the Director to create a long term marketing plan
- Coordinates with all library departments to create and schedule social media posts
- Creates and distributes press releases, flyers, etc.
Required skills and experience
- Experience with social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Has excellent computer skills and can easily navigate Web browsers and programs such as MS Word or equivalent word processing programs or GSuite Apps
- Has the ability to analyze a situation and make informed decisions
- Has the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has the ability to create graphics and other promotional materials using programs such as Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other digital tools to edit graphics
- Experience working with cash registers and counting money
- Experience in customer service (retail, food, or other industries is acceptable)
- Able to alphabetize and understands decimals
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working in libraries
- Experience with marketing
- Experience supervising in a professional environment
Bilingual duties (if applicable)
- Assists Spanish Services Coordinator in translating written materials and provides verbal interpretation as appropriate.
Additional Info & Requirements
Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- The employee is often required to be on his or her feet for up to an hour at a time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop and crouch.
- Reach with hands and arms, stand, sit, walk, use hands to grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. Stooping, bending and kneeling is also often required.
Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
Tucked in the heart of the Rockies, Leadville is the highest incorporated town (10,152 feet!) in the continental United States. Its natural beauty offers access to outdoor recreation all year around - from backcounty skiing and groomed Nordic skiing trails to miles of hiking trails and lake or river fishing.
To apply, send the following to Brena Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- 3 Professional Reference