The Broomfield Library and Cultural Affairs department has an opening for a full-time Cataloging Supervisor. We are seeking a high performing, knowledgeable, and team focused individual to lead a small team of catalogers and support the Broomfield Library.
Why Broomfield Library?
We are a community connector. We have a strong sense of pride and identity and work extensively to bring the highest quality programs and services to those we serve. Guided by vision to inspire, empower and connect all who engage with us, we seek innovative solutions to community concerns and aspirations.
Essential responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design, plan, promote and implement access services.
- Establish and maintain an efficient process for uploading records, receiving and cataloging items in accordance with national and local standards.
- Perform regular maintenance of item, bib and patron databases to keep them accurate and uncluttered.
- Maintain regular and accurate collection statistics.
- Communicate and collaborate with Flatirons Library Consortium staff as necessary.
- Have a deep understanding of ILS and Prospector systems and be able to act as an ILS expert and trainer for the Broomfield Library.
- Create strategic plans, assembles staff resources, and delegates tasks to assigned staff members.
- Direct the development and implementation of policies and programs of the work unit.
- Compile, interpret, and prepare data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates assigned activities with other departments/divisions and agencies as needed.
- Recommend and implement modifications to programs, systems, policies and procedures.
- Research and analyze legal requirements impacting programs and services.
- Make recommendations on changes or improvements.
- Participate in the preparation of the assigned area’s annual/revised budget.
- Assist in supervision, direction, coaching, mentoring and overall development of staff, resolving customer disputes and assuming supervisory responsibilities when assigned or in the manager's absence.
- Participate in the preparation of assigned annual performance reviews and provides coaching and mentoring as appropriate.
- Provide organizational leadership for planning and forming committees and work groups to meet strategic objectives.
- Work directly with staff to address accountabilities and models the expectations in relation to work culture within the department.
- Communicate official plans, policies and procedures to staff and the general public.
- Performs related duties as required.
What we are looking for in the top candidate:
- Foster working relationships with diverse patrons, partners and team members
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to assist the team as needed
- Deep understanding of ILS system and be able to act as an ILS expert and trainer for the Broomfield Library.
What you can expect when joining the team:
- Established community trusted resource
- Strong passion to help others
Broomfield, Colorado is a rapidly growing community located between Denver and Boulder. Currently home to 62,000 people, it is becoming a hub for technology and healthcare. Broomfield is located within an hour’s drive of the mountains and has a relatively mild climate. Miles of trails and open space and varied cultural opportunities enhance the quality of life. The library is an active participant in the community and enjoys excellent support from residents and the city and county.
City and County of Broomfield HR department 303.438.6320