We’re looking for an individual who shares our passion for top notch service, libraries, library workflows, and data to join our Implementation Team.
Our implementation team consists of Educators and Data Migration Experts who are the main points of contacts for our partners during their migration to Koha ILS. They work closely with our library partners to migrate their legacy library data to Koha and learn how to utilize Koha to accommodate their workflows. The individual(s) in this position will work with our Implementation team to support our library partners. Some days will involve answering questions about library workflows and others may involve writing SQL reports or making database updates.
Additional Info & Requirements
- You are self directed and are able to effectively work from home (experience working from home is a plus).
- You enjoy the exploration and discovery of new, more efficient and sometimes, clever methods of accomplishing your goals.
- You are motivated and fearless. You are able to come up with ideas and try them out and if the idea doesn't work you don't give up.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You are comfortable communicating on the phone, in person, on video, and in email.
- You love libraries and are familiar with how libraries work.
Qualities/skills we're looking for:
- Working knowledge of Koha and/or SQL is required.
- Flexibility – ability to work in a continually changing, customer-focused environment.
- Knowledge of Perl and Linux is preferred but not required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills - Ability to communicate, connect and build relationships with customers via virtual methods, videoconferencing, phone, email, and ticketing system.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills - Ability to use creative techniques to analyze and solve workflow or data issues.
- Masters Degree in Library Science (nice, but not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Work or Educational background should include knowledge of computers, databases and libraries.
ByWater Solutions was created with the express goal of changing the way libraries interact with their software and the vendors who support them. We believe that libraries deserve to have access to a world class system and personalized, comprehensive support at a reasonable cost. We are a transparent organization that values collaboration with each other and the larger open source communities we work with. We strive to set our library partners and coworkers up for success.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This is a full-time, telecommuting (permanent) position which requires working from home and an approximate 5% travel requirement. ByWater offers performance bonuses, 401k, medical, great pay, on the job skills training and the chance to work with a talented group of team members.
ByWater Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunity to employees and applicants for employment and will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, military veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, genetic information, or mental or physical disability (and medical condition). ByWater Solutions participates in E-Verify.