The Patron Services Reader Advisor advise print-disabled patrons in their selection of recreational and informational reading materials by answering incoming phone calls and emails from patrons statewide and advising and disseminating general information to patrons.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist patrons with library registration, new equipment, books, and general information.
- Work with patrons on reading interests and assign books accordingly.
- This position works with walk-in patrons, orders inter-library loans, and answers reference questions.
- Compile monthly statistics including Interlibrary Loan.
- Provide technical support for patron’s use of digital download of audio books and the web Online Public Access Catalog.
- This position keeps patron information confidential.
- Participate in outreach events.
Additional Info & Requirements
How to Apply:
Applicants MUST submit a resume and cover letter attached to the online application. Applications left blank or marked "See Resume" will not be accepted. Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A cover letter (attach to your online application).
- A resume (attach to your online application).
Only complete applications submitted by the closing date for this announcement will be given consideration.
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
When there is no pandemic CTBL is a busy library and provide service to patrons statewide. We have a great team working to support our patrons. We have held a 98-99% overall satisfaction rating from our patrons for the last 17 years.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Competency and Qualification Requirements
- 1 year experience in customer service
- 1 year experience phone duty
- 1 year reader advisory experience
- Enthusiasm and interest in promoting library service for readers with disabilities
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working with technology, spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to pass a background check
Minimum Education Requirements
- Master’s degree in Library Science
Human Resources / Job Listings
Jessica Martella, at Human_Resources@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6600.